Last months were the time of renovation madness. A painted polka dots wall is a cheap and easy-to-make alternative to wallpaper. You can juggle with the colors and size of the dots to meet the expectations of even the most demanding young customers 🙂 All you need is a sponge brush and color paint. After two layers the painted polka dots wall is ready.
- Round sponge brush – you can buy at a stationery store. I used a brush with a diameter of 40mm
- Color paint
- Ladder – can come in handy if you plan to paint high
- Cardboard or foil – to protect the floor
Euphoria, doubt and acceptance
At the beginning there was euphoria that it would be enough to buy brushes and the polka dots wall would be created. Then I did a trial series and was very disappointed. Dots came out uneven and air bubbles formed. I have already started to think about other solutions, but I have made a second attempt. After applying another layer, it turned out that the dots are even, and the bubbles dry up and are hardly visible.
How to make painted polka dots wall?
Start by preparing the wall you will operate on. Mine were painted with plain white paint.
- Scoop the paint onto a sponge and rub the excess against the edge of the paint box.
- Choose a spot, apply the sponge and twist.
- Let dry.
- Apply a second coat by repeating steps 1-3.
- Painted polka dots wall is ready 🙂
Two bedrooms withe two color versions, which one better meets your expectations?
Check out our ideas
If you are looking for more ideas for decorating the kid’s room, then you will find them in the Interior section.
You can find more DIY decoration ideas in our decorations section.
You can find more ideas for playing with children in the DIY with children section.
The post about the climbing net that you can see in the blue bedroom is here: