I have been watching lots of photos with knot pillows on the internet before I created my own one. It was tough to decide which one of binding methods choose. Finally, the choice fell on pretzel. It can be used as a decorative pillow or as a baby sitting pad while playing on the floor 🙂. I invite you to a step-by-step tutorial on how my pretzel knot pillow is made. There is plenty of work, but satisfaction guaranteed 😊
More information about the types of fabrics used by me and online shops I recommend the most you can find here.
I encourage you to visit one of the best sewing Facebook group SZYCIE-WYKROJE-DIY (unfortunately for polish speaking readers). This is a mine of knowledge about sewing and you can ask questions and get help from more advanced in sewing.
- 0,5 m of wide looped back french terry with approximately 2 m width
- Sillicone balls for filling
How to sew it
- In the first step, cut out of 2 m wide material three strips of 15 cm each.
- Sew a strip of 6 m material in order to obtain a tunnel. Tie a knot at one end.
- Now the most difficult 🙂 and certainly the most labor-intensive – filling the tunnel with a silicone balls. This step required a lot of patience from me. Useful will be: a tube (f.e. from the vacuum cleaner) and a stick (for example from a brush).
- First, wind the entire tunnel on the tube, and then gradually fill with a silicone balls using a stick.
- And finally, the icing on the cake, i.e. tying a pretzel from a knitted snake 😉 Follow the instruction.
- The pretzel knot pillow is ready!