Nothing is more enjoyable than getting a handmade gift, even if it is just a greeting birthday card. This is not about final result itself, but also about the fact that someone devoted his time and energy. Creating birthday cards is a process that give you a lot of fun. Especially when they are created for children and with children 🙂
We recently celebrated the first birthday of my husband’s goddaughter. Together with Wiktoria, we have prepared an impressive birthday card for her. See for yourself 🙂
What do you need
- A sheet of colored A4 paper. If we prefer a different size, a sharp knife and ruler will be useful
- A piece of ribbon
- Crayons, we used pastels
How to do it
- First, cut the piece of paper to the size that you need. I fold the A4 card in half and cut off about 5 cm vertically.
- Then draw a circle (for example using the glass). It will be our balloon. Elephant can be printed and traced on a sheet of paper or you can try to draw it yourself. I was inspired by this card.
- Form a ribbon and stick it at the bottom of the balloon.
- Older children can help you to color the elephant. I used pastel crayons.
- The next step brings the most fun. Apply glue to the inside of the balloon and put the sequins. Children will definitely like it 🙂
- Finally, write a text informing about the occasion for which the card was prepared. Put personalized wishes inside. The card is ready! 🙂
I have been passionate about DIY since my childhood, and my innate patience and accuracy make the whole process of creation a lot easier for me and that gives me a lot of satisfaction and pleasure. During my first pregnancy I learnt how to sew, what resulted with few tutorials about sewing clothes for kids on the blog. In the beginning of my second maternity leave, I have learned how to crochet amigurumi from yt. I found out, that I really love it, that’s why so many blog posts describe my crochet creatures.