Glitter tattoos are the summer hit. Children especially like them because they are colorful, shiny and have cool shapes. Adults will also find something for themselves, I was tempted 😁. In this post I will show you what you need and how to make a glitter tattoo 🤩.
Polska wersja: Jak zrobić tatuaż brokatowy?
You will need
You can buy a special made set or complete all the elements yourself. I bought a small set and added a degreaser, a few glitter colors and a set of templates.
- Degreaser – it is based on salicylic alcohol, so I suspect you can buy it much cheaper at the pharmacy. It’s a good idea to use a degreaser to make your tattoo last longer.
- Body Glitter
- Templates – there are disposable and reusable. So far, I have only used the disposable ones.
How to make a glitter tattoo?
I assure you that you read the tutorial only the first time, and then you make the glitter tattooes automatically 🙂
- Clean and degrease the area where you will apply the tattoo.
- Carefully peel off the white shipping foil from the template. The template consists of three layers: a white transport foil, the actual template with the pattern cut out, and a transparent top foil.
- Stick the template on a degreased place on the body and press it firmly.
- Gently peel off the transparent top foil. Pay special attention to cut details so that they stay on the skin. You can hold them with the wooden end of the brush.
- Fill the template with glue, a thin layer is enough. Avoid the sun to prevent the glue from drying out too quickly.
- Wait a moment for the glue to become transparent.
- Then apply the glitter with a brush. You can use one glitter color or different colors for individual elements, and even shade the pattern.
- Brush off any excess brocade.
- Peel off the template.
Check out our ideas
If you are looking for more ideas for playing with children, then you will find them in the DIY with children section.
Follow us in social media
Nothing gives more satisfaction than doing something yourself. I haven’t even thought about DIY as my hobby, I’ve just done different “projects” when it was needed. Sometimes it’s a disguise for the Masquerade Party in kindergarten. Another time, cutting out the pumpkin and baking the witch’s fingers for Haloween. Or simply organizing holiday souvenirs. Now I decided to share my realizations with you. Let’s go it together!