Today we present an idea for Halloween decoration. The pumpkin pom pom garland is very simple to make and is a perfect idea for spending time creatively with kids.
We used the fork method because it is the easiest and most liked by kids. In addition, on the fork the most oval pompoms are made , which resemble the shape of a pumpkin. You can read about other methods of making pompoms here.
Supplies for pumpkin pom pom garland
- Orange and green yarn
- String or ribbon – we used a green ribbon with small pom poms, but green yarn will do as well.
How to make pom pom on a fork?
- First, put a piece of green yarn between the teeth of your fork. You will need it later to tie the pom pom and fake a pumpkin tail.
- Wind the yarn on the fork. Use the ‘toothed’ part so that there is a small gap at the beginning of the teeth. The more yarn you wove, the thicker the pumps will be.
- Before you remove the yarn from the fork, tie the yarn in the middle to form kind of a bow.
- Now you can take off the yarn from the fork. Cut the loops with scissors.
How to make pom pom garland?
Pom poms are obviously the core of the garland, so you need to make as many as possible. The more you have the longer the garland will be. Once you have pom poms, you just need to mount them at equal distances on a string or ribbon.
Pumpkin pom pom garland is ready. Do you prepare any other Halloween decorations or costume?
Check out our ideas
If you are looking for other Halloween DIY then you will find it in the Halloween section.
You can find more DIY decoration ideas in our decorations section.
You can find more ideas for playing with children in the DIY with children section.
Follow us in social media
If you want to be up-to-date with our newest posts, like our Facebook fanpage, follow us on Instagram and Pinterest.
Nothing gives more satisfaction than doing something yourself. I haven’t even thought about DIY as my hobby, I’ve just done different “projects” when it was needed. Sometimes it’s a disguise for the Masquerade Party in kindergarten. Another time, cutting out the pumpkin and baking the witch’s fingers for Haloween. Or simply organizing holiday souvenirs. Now I decided to share my realizations with you. Let’s go it together!