Sometimes it takes really little to create something cool and original. A natural card with pressed flowers is a perfect example of this 😁.
Polska wersja: Naturalna kartka z suszonymi kwiatkami
You will need
- Pressed flowers
- Stiff card
- White card with printed or written wishes.
How to press flowers?
This is my first attempt at drying flowers. We dried leaves for a herbarium in autumn and it was supposed to be easy as well, but it was much more difficult. The flowers are much delicate than the leaves and are easy to damage. Additionally, some flowers turn brown after drying (it only happened to pink flowers of azaleas).
Nevertheless, all the hints from the herbarium remain valid, that are:
- When collecting plants, choose the healthy specimens without rot or black spots. Plants look worse after drying than before, so if something is wrong at the beginning, it will only get worse later.
- At home, dry between sheets of paper so that the sheets can absorb moisture from the plant. Glossy magazines will not work. Excessive children’s drawings or coloring books work well, but only those that can be thrown away later. After drying, the pages are wavy, so you need to add an additional sheet before inserting plants into the book.
- We took a piece of paper, put a leaf on it, then another sheet and a book, making kind of a sandwich. Then another leaf between the pages and the book again. This way we built a nice tower.
- Additionally, once a day we checked what was happening with our specimens and changed the wet sheets. We did not throw them away, but we used them the next day when they were dry again.
Natural card with pressed flowers
To make a card with pressed flowers you should:
- Prepare the base of the cardboard card.
- Stick the white card with greetings.
- Stick on the pressed flowers
Check out our ideas
If you look for more DIY cards ideas check our Cards section.
If you are looking for more creative activities for kids check our DIY with kids section.
Follow us in social media
f you want to be up-to-date with our newest posts, like our Facebook fanpage, follow us on Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube.
Nothing gives more satisfaction than doing something yourself. I haven’t even thought about DIY as my hobby, I’ve just done different “projects” when it was needed. Sometimes it’s a disguise for the Masquerade Party in kindergarten. Another time, cutting out the pumpkin and baking the witch’s fingers for Haloween. Or simply organizing holiday souvenirs. Now I decided to share my realizations with you. Let’s go it together!