This year, on the 23rd of June, apart from Father’s Day we were also celebrating the Baptism of our CEO 😉 In connection with the above, the stylish outfit and common element for father and son could not be missing 🙂 I sewed pants with suspenders and the little bow tie for this special occasion. Unfortunately, as it often happens with this type of projects with deadline I had to sew at night. That’s why I don’t have any photos to prepare tutorial for pants with suspenders. However, it was my first time when I made sewing pattern on my own by tracing the old pants. I have to admit immodestly, that it worked out pretty well. My plan is to repeat this feat and prepare step-by-step tutorial in the nearest future 🙂
It is important to add, that at this ceremony we had the best photographer in the world 🙂 I definitely recommend Przemek from Semimatt. Main photo and the photo gallery at the end of this post came from his camera 🙂 Meanwhile I’ll present step-by-step tutorial how to sew a bow tie for father and son 🙂
If you want to be up-to-date with our newest posts about sewing for kids and free patterns, like our Facebook fanpage and follow us on Instagram.
More information about the types of fabrics used by me and online shops I recommend the most you can find here.
I encourage you to visit one of the best sewing Facebook group SZYCIE-WYKROJE-DIY (unfortunately for polish speaking readers). This is a mine of knowledge about sewing and you can ask questions and get help from more advanced in sewing.
- 20 cm of cotton woven fabric
- 30 cm of elastic with width equal to 0,5 cm
- velcro or metal clasp (in father’s version of bow tie)
How to do it?
- First of all cut rectangles with dimentions respectively:
- for baby: 16×10 cm and 2,5×6 cm
- for adult: 26×18 cm and 3,5×7 cm
- Afterwards the big rectangles fold on longer edge, right sides together and sew.
- Turn the right side out.
- In the next step fold on half on shorter edge and sew.
- Turn out in such a way, that stitches are inside. Tie the center using twine or thread.
- At the end, repeat all steps for small rectangles, from which buckles will be formed to tie the bow tie.
- Sew an elastic band to the baby’s bow tie. In the adult version, sew a belt with a metal clasp or velcro. I used the clasp from an old, unused bow tie.
I have been passionate about DIY since my childhood, and my innate patience and accuracy make the whole process of creation a lot easier for me and that gives me a lot of satisfaction and pleasure. During my first pregnancy I learnt how to sew, what resulted with few tutorials about sewing clothes for kids on the blog. In the beginning of my second maternity leave, I have learned how to crochet amigurumi from yt. I found out, that I really love it, that’s why so many blog posts describe my crochet creatures.