I love tutu skirts, hence I always look forward to an opportunity to create a new tutu costume. It was no different this time when there was an opportunity to make the witch tutu costume 🧙 A long black skirt with colorful inserts looks amazing 🙂
Polska wersja: Jak zrobić strój czarownicy z tutu
- Tulle in rolls 6″ wide x 25 yards long. The number of rolls depends on the size of the skirt. The witch’s skirt is long so more tulle is needed. I used: 4 rolls of black and 1 roll of orange, green and purple. I buy in Polish e-shop Allegro, but I’ve seen them here as well.
- About 20’’ elastic band, 0,5’’ wide
- Measuring tape
Additionally, you will need a black t-shirt and a witch’s hat.
How to make a tutu skirt?
In this post you will find our tutorial where we show step by step how to make a tutu skirt.
- Start by preparing the elastic band. Measure on the model and sew or tie a knot.
- Then measure the desired length of tulle, from floor to waist and back again. Cut all the tulle rolls into equal pieces.
- The last step is to tie each piece of tulle on an elastic band. For detailed instructions on how to do this, click here.
How to make witch tutu costume
The black t-shirt and a witch’s hat are complementing the tutu skirt to produce the great witch tutu costume. You can also paint the young witch’s face 🙂
Check out our ideas
If you are looking for other Halloween DIY then you will find it in the Halloween section.
You can find more costume ideas in our Costume section.
You can find more ideas for playing with children in the DIY with children section.
Follow us in social media
Nothing gives more satisfaction than doing something yourself. I haven’t even thought about DIY as my hobby, I’ve just done different “projects” when it was needed. Sometimes it’s a disguise for the Masquerade Party in kindergarten. Another time, cutting out the pumpkin and baking the witch’s fingers for Haloween. Or simply organizing holiday souvenirs. Now I decided to share my realizations with you. Let’s go it together!